Basic Homebridge WLED Effects Question/Process

Hello All,

Hopefully this thread can be used as a basic setup process for using WLED in Homebridge. :grinning: I would like to know how to add effects to the current “Simple Wled” plugin without causing Homebridge to crash.

My Issue: The “Simple Wled” Homebridge plugin is causing my Raspberry Pi 4 running HOOBS to crash. My assumption is that the JSON code is improperly added during the setup process.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Search for the “Simple Wled” plugin via HOOBS (Could also follow the download instructions via this Github page (HERE)

2. Select “Install”

3. From here, I am following these instructions (Link HERE) to Add the Accessory to the config.json plan. I believe the issue is stemming from my inability to correctly add the code.

4. Select to “Plugins” from the HOOBS menu

5. Select “Add Accessory”

6. Paste JSON code. I modified the effect to “Merry Christmas” and triple checked that the correct IP Address is listed.

7. Select “Save Changes”

Blockquote:
12/17/2020, 11:38:13 PM [Bar Light Strip] Initializing WLED accessory…
12/17/2020, 11:38:13 PM [Bar Light Strip] DEBUG ON: false
12/17/2020, 11:38:13 PM [Bar Light Strip] Setting up Accessory Bar Light Strip with Host-IP: 192.168.1.2312/17/2020,
11:38:13 PM [Bar Light Strip] WLED Strip finished initializing!

Results: The WLED integration works! But, if I follow the instructions on the page linked above to add WLED effects then HOOBS will crash and require an uninstall of the plugin.

Please let me know how I can resolve this issue and add additional effects. Thank you for any assistance!!!

Thanks for any assistance on this issue guys. Here is a little background on what the project is for. This WLED setup is being used on a backyard bar. My goal is to build an automation that plays a song, completes a light effect and triggers a series of other lights in a room once a certain event occurs. To trigger the event I am using a NFC tag that will be triggered by a person’s iPhone. Will post an update once this WLED issue is resolved.