About "wipe" effect and usermod stairway basic

Perhaps I am not understand the question, I translate everything via google. The effect on the video will definitely be completed. My code had the property that it didn’t finish and it bothered me, because if it’s not finished, this user mod can’t continue from the change point, but it will turn on all the lights so it can go out. The user mod would have to be completely redesigned. I can’t program, if so (I’m learning) then I’ve redesigned it :slight_smile:

In fact, it’s easy to understand. Imagine the stair model in the video as long as possible. For example, if the stairs were 10 meters long, what would be the effect at 59 seconds of the video?

I’m sure that even in 10 meters the effect would reach the end. The effect is very fast and was simulated for a short stretch with a different speed due to the scale and real demonstration.
But if you think not, then it is necessary to modify the user mode so that it will be able to stop the effect, which it cannot do by itself. Thus, the dynamic length of the led strip would probably have to be, so that when the direction is stopped and rotated, the length is updated to a shorter and the opposite direction of the strip goes from the shorter length of the string. In addition, it would have to be calculated depending on the running speed of the effect. Aircoookie could probably say the most

Have you tried telling WLED a lie?
Make it think it already finished the forward wipe, and is now reversing, adjusting the reverse wipe index to the right LED.

I think the solution is in this line, which is to turn on the lights even if they are not finished. My effect is that I can start back wiping earlier, calmly when the first step is lit, but it happens that suddenly everything lights up at once and wipes out the full number. I don’t know if it would be enough to just delete this line or modify it somehow. Can anyone experienced say?

1. strip.timebase = 360 + (255 - effectSpeed)*75 - millis(); //make sure wipe starts fully lit

I tried, I first tried to reverse immediately, but it still completed the process of forward wiping. Later, I also tried to stop it halfway through the forward wipe, and then use another forward wipe from the other end of the led tape (the led color is set to black). But this is not very effective on longer light strips, because the led strip needs to be wiped from the end of the other side (the led color is black) to the last led light of the previous forward wipe to see the effect. This will Waiting for a while, it looks like there is a delay. At present, I don’t know how to adjust the reverse wipe index to the position where the previous forward wipe ended.

does deleting line 61 not help?
I have a problem, if I try to turn several cycles on and off over and over again, then various errors will occur …
Maybe in time we will be able to release version 2, after all this is called “basic”

@Sugar Have you solved the issue? If so can you share it? I am also looking to implement the same as in the video in my home. Since I am just a beginner it’s very hard to find the answers. I am using chatGPT to find the codes to integrate esp8266 to tof sensor(2nos). Please help me out.

2 Likes

How did you get on dude? im trying the same!