Add 4 digit TM1637 (time)

Hello, I have been using WLED for quite some time now for small personal projects, like lamps, ambilight, etc. I have some TM1637 displays in stock, and I would like to connect them to my ESP32 and retrieve the time display. I imagine this is possible.

I don’t really know where to start.
I can make a digital clock using a simple library, but I don’t know how to combine WLED with the TM1637. If someone could guide me a bit, I am a beginner, but I know how to use Platformio.

Perhaps I’m starting with something a bit too complex for my skills :confused:
Maybe this mod already exists? But I can’t find anything.

Hi @Grx3D Welcome
this are 7sehment Displays Wled AS Standard is for Controlling LED Pixels

you can make if You like a Usermod that outputs a SPI or I2C signal that this controllers use

BUT if you like a 4Digit use one of the FLEX WS2812b 8x32 pabnels this are very BIG to show
and you can do mutch more on them Scrolling txt //effects

Hello and thank you for the response.
Indeed, the LED pads are much too large for my project.
I am making a lamp with a laser-engraved mirror with a diameter of 20cm and I would like to place a small screen on it, something discreet to display the time. That’s why the TM1637 screens are perfect.
I am trying to create a user mod, but my coding skills are really very limited.

@Grx3D
Wha ad all woudt you like to use a WLED use a simple arduino nano the TM1637 is in the Libary
so only the Example to upload to the Arduino and you are done

PLEASE discribe your projekt goals to be met

I would like to use a single ESP32 (I have some in stock) for its connectivity, retrieve the time from WLED (NTP), and display it on my TM1637.

(Add a tm1637 in the middle, for exemple)

Why get the time from WLED instead of just grabbing it via ntp directly?

Here’s the English translation:

Alright, I did it! With the help of friends and ChatGPT

I created a Usermod that retrieves the time from the NTP server of WLED and displays it on my TM1637 screen. I started by simply displaying a time at the startup of the ESP (so 00:00 at each startup of my ESP, not practical :slight_smile: ). Then I asked the AI to modify the code to grab the time from WLED based on part of the code from the usermod ST7789_display.
I’m not an expert, and the code could probably use some cleaning up.

Updated with brightness settings in usermods :

usermod_tm1637display.h (2.6 KB)

Capture d’écran 2024-06-27 162906

In short, I’m pretty happy.