Best Practice for organizing strips/segments?

I’m in the planning process for setting up some permanent LED strips for my house roofline for Christmas lighting.
So far I’ve ordered about 40m of 30LED/m BTR2815 strips and a DigQuad for control.
It’s a single story house and I plan to put the strips along the gutter line (about 17m), the main roof peak line (about 14m) and a gable on one end (about 9m).
As I don’t have the strips yet I can’t play around with WLED to see how it all works, but I want to plan the best way to do all my wiring.
Forgetting about power injection and only thinking of control, is it generally preferred to try to make the LED strings as long as possible (keeping in mind the 500/string limit for frame rate) and somehow “split” them in WLED if necessary,

OR

Make the LED strings as short as possible and “combine” them in WLED?

I can either make my gutter line 1 single string, or split it into 2 halves…does it make a difference for effects or ease of setup in WLED?

Unless your led strip becomes longer than 650 pixels or injections become (wiring) problem it may be best to have longest possible strips.
I have set up my house in such manner. Only use 2 GPIO where it would be inconvenient otherwise or the strip would become too long.
Strips are still split to the lengths of my gutter but are logically 1.
They are then divided into segments in WLED according to gutter lengths.

So it’s easier/makes more sense to split strips in the software rather than combine them? That’s great info, thanks.

That will give me 3 strips of about 510, 420 and 280 LEDs, so max number shouldn’t be an issue.