Garage door with WLED

Hi,
i have realized the illumination of my garage door. Took a stripe (klick please), one esp8266, this power adapter. Then in wled i have created 5 presets. In iobroker i have created the scripts, wich control the process.
Here is the video .

6 Likes

Looks great! Also, very nice Tesla :slight_smile:

1 Like

EXCELLENT!!
Now I just need a Garage Door!
Well and a Garage but…

1 Like

I love your birds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks awesome !!!
Would you be willing to share the presets for this, I saw a similar video on YouTube and really want to recreate

I like this. I have a spare 8266, a power supply and some pixels. What do you use as the trigger to start and stop it?

@jlbphotos , yes, of course i can share:
Preset 1:
Effect: Scan Dual
Effect Speed: 225
Effect Intensity: 172
Brightness: Max
Color: red
Color palette: Default

Preset 2:
Effect: Solid
Color: green

Preset 3:
Effect: Scanner Dual
Color: white

Preset 4:
Effect: Spots
Color: white

Here are the screenshots of the scripts:

this script runs, if the door is driving

script runs, if the door is open and not driving

script runs, if the door is closed

Script sets the datepoint “Garagentor_Zustand” (garage door status)

@Colrobertson , I habve in use an 8266 NodeMCU from AzDelivery.
I have two optical window contacts from Homematic (HM-Sec-SCo), one for open and one for close.
This two contacts are setting the datepoint “Garagentor_Zustand”, the triggering starts when the status changes.
If you wish, I can export the scripts from iobroker.
Hope, I could help you.

4 Likes

Amazing thanks so much
I’m new to WLED so thanks for the sharing

Thank you. Very helpful.

Good afternoon. You have got a very beautiful solution to improve the appearance of garage doors. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to write scripts, but I really want to put such a system on my garage.
I have 8266 NodeMCU . I ask you if it is possible to transfer the bin file for the firmware, and specify the legs for connecting the sensors.

I really want to do it with the new year.

Thank you in advance.

You can do all that using reed switches and playlists with WLED alone. No external systems needed.

1 Like

Good afternoon
Excuse my stupidity. I don’t understand how this can be done. If it’s not difficult for you, describe it step by step. I will be very grateful to you.

Hello, @Groni,
sorry, i have read Your post in this morning. Where do You come from? Are You living in Germany? Then we can do a call and i will try to give You help. Hope, that’s ok for You?
Best regards
Egbert

Good afternoon. I live in Russia in a small provincial town. I am writing with a translator

1. Connect 2 reed switches to 2 compatible GPIO pins
  2. Assign GPIO pins to buttons and select Switch type
  3. Create presets for the effects you want
  4. Create 2 playlists, one for door opening and another for door clossing
  5. Assign playlist presets for on->off & off->on transitions for both buttons

You will find buttons in the LED settings page and assign presetes to them in Time & macro settings page.

1 Like

Good afternoon. Thank you so much for the explanation. I’ll try to do it according to your recommendations. Thanks for the help.

hi guys, i have installed wled on a d1mini and integrated it into iobroker. now i want to connect a reed contact that transmits the status to iobroker. how exactly do i connect this and configure it in wled? I tried sth with ruels and macros, but without success

you need to enable MQTT and configure buttons to send MQTT messages.
Sync config page in WLED.

Got it, thanks. I connected D3 and GND to the reed contact. where to configure D3 as a button in wled now? Only see button1 / 2 in “button actions” macro setup.

LED Preferences.