Macro Preset Button short press cycle perset

Hi all,

I have a 150 LED WS2811 5V strain.

I want to put the LEDs into a plate to display numbers.

Paint skills:

For that I created 10 segments (of the numbers) und 21 presets (the numbers).

Now I have to problems:

I have a button connectet to my esp8266 to cycle through the presets (numbers). But I don’t now how to programm this. The only thing I found in the documentation is the “FX=~” Macro, which is now only supportet in the preset configuration?! - I do not know how to do this. The preset should then set to be boot default.
Can some one explain me how to do this?

I conetcted this chain to a 5V 8A MEAN WELL power supply - on 3 points. On maximum brightness whithe color the power supply only uses about 15 watts from the wall. The brightness limiter is turned off. In my opinion the chain should suck more power? Do I need to connect the chain to even more points?

thanks

1. You just put it into a preset instead of a macro now.

2. 150 LEDs would be ~5A. If white is leaning towards red anywhere along the strip, you would need thicker wire. If it’s actually white, you are fine.

ahh I had to sleep one night to figure it out.

I just have to create a new preset with just the api commands. I put " PL=~&P2=8 " without “” into a preset and set the number of this preset into the “Button short press Preset” setting.

There is one thing missing for my project:
I need to save the last state of the LEDs so that it can recover after powerloss.
As I said I have about 21 presets, and for my project it is not sufficiant to set one specific preset for boot.
I can not find a setting for this. Is it maybe possible to change the setting with the API every time I change the preset via button short press?

You could save the state to a preset like this…

&PS=x

Then recall it with…

&PL=x

Replace x with a preset number.