Max length of LED Strip

I am aware that power should be injected every 5M, but is there a maximum distance you can string LEDs without running a parallel wire for the data signal? I have 4, 5M strips of SW6812 in series 30/m, and the last set is flickering

Generally, you need to inject every 2-3 meters. Try injecting in the middle or towards that last strip.

I have 4 5M strips. On the first strip I am hooked to the D4 of the ESP8266 thru the line leveled and to power. At each junction of the 5M strips, I daisy chain the signal only and hook the power back to the supply. On your advice, I have also hook the end of the last set back to the supply. At low brightness everything is fine, but at high brightness and expecially with white the last set changes colours and flickers. Sometimes the 2nd last set acts up as well.

Maybe injection wires are too thin.

Strange… I was NOT daisy chaining the power and ground, just the signal. I connected power and ground between 3rd and 4th and it seems ok. Since I had power and ground supplied separately to each strip I thought that would be best. Grounds are still all common as it is only one supply

1 Like