App Screen Scaling Issues

I’m running scaled on my Note 10+ and this is the app versus Chrome. Maybe this can be looked into.

On xda-developers.com there are issues documented with the scaling things on the Note 10+.
this is nothing what in the WLED app can be done. Ask on XDA-Developers is my advise or switch off the sclaing for the WLD app.

Interesting. Seems like the old days when Windows apps didn’t support 4k… and then they did.

The strangest thing about this it that a Note 10 plus is also my daily driver phone and have no such scaling issues in the app or elsewhere. Probably it is dependant on some setting (maybe font size?). Your chrome navbar also seems bigger than on my unit for some reason.

OK, it is Font Size! :smiley:

@tonyno
-> you see it is a Note 10 plus issue.
I searched on xda-developers and found that same thing. Font Size issue.
on xda-developers i’m member sinds 2007 and that site helped me a lot of times because i was never the 1st one with an issue.

Actually, this is an accessibility issue. :wink:

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/accessibility

accessibility or the Font Auto Size interface belongs to the development from the company which builds the Note 10+.

In any case it is a lot of work to automate the font settings in the operating system of the Note 10+. That can’t be done in the wled app. That font auto scaling is working very well on the 3 different Samsung mobile devices i use. The S5, yes an very old one but still works as has to be, the S8 and the Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 inch. In the three cases i have no issues at all with that font scaling. The S4 and the Tab 10.1 are very old seen the lifetime of mobile devices but font auto scaling is working very well so far you can set this in the settings. I use orginal OS and modded os versions.

Aircookie said he has no issues at all on his device and so as you noted that it is the font size the issue is solved, i think. The Font Auto Corrention Can’t be done in the WLED app.

BTW:
I looked into the samsung code because i’m a singed-in developer by Samsung and the auto scaling is a base functionality from the developers of the devices operating system.

Let me try another way…

The layout should be adjusted to support bigger fonts. :wink:

If you have time i would say you are very welcome to help out. I don’t know which one is currently is supporting the app, but i think it was Aircookie.

Seen he has so many other things todo at the moment and that he is not always online, try to take a look at the link. Possible you can support it too. Would be awesome, when you could get it done.

Way beyond my skill-set right now.

1 Like

Not sure we can really do anything about this… the app is not doing anything but loading the WLED web UI and it sents the font size explicitely as 17px. Unfortunately the renderer seems to decide to override that CSS, which totally breaks the layout as it is not made for a bigger font size. I can try if using a different unit for font size will keep the client from touching it, not sure :confused:

Maybe an option for no text under buttons?

I noticed we now have five up top. :frowning:

Actually I might consider that as an option :slight_smile:
I really like the clean look and more estate without labels - labels would be on by default and could be disabled by advanced users who know what each button does anyways.

2 Likes

Simple solution!