Led 24v, esp 5v, wled flash randomly

Good morning

I have 24v LEDs with an esp and its data in 5v. As soon as I turn on the LEDs flash randomly and sometimes all the LEDs change color in less than a second. I have a large total LED distance (33 meters). I have several power sups (4). I have a level shifter. my esp is 1 meter from my leds. I went from a soft cable to a hard cable, it’s even worse. anyone have a solution?

material :
led ws2814 rgbw
power sup 24v 12.5a
esp 8266 d1 mini
level shifter SN74AHCT125N

First check your ground connections. Try to add 33Ohm resistor to a data line.

I don’t have any resistance, I’ll look to find some. When you say to check the Gnd are you thinking of a particular place? (here is my plan) ty

What I meant is physical ground connections.

Your pic does not show any ground connection for the Esp

Your pic shows 2 voltages going to the levelshifter.
That is not correct wiring for a 74AHCT125, it doesn’t use dual voltages.
How have you actually wired the 74AHCT125?

fdbbdfdfbfbw

ah I uploaded the old diagrams with another level shifter. the current level shifter is like this:
sorry.

I tried with a shorter data cable and to keep away from possible interference I still have the problem… without the resistance which I don’t have I don’t see a solution…

it’s like that

Good morning

I added a resistor of 33Ohm at the beginning of the ribbon, it worked no more blinking. BUT when I reconnected the second part of the ribbon (with another power sup) everything started flashing.

I have to add another resistor ON my LED strip at the crossing of the power sup?

How do you have the second strip wired?
You need to connect ground and data from the first strip to the second, leaving positive isolated from each strip if using 2 power supplies.

yes I’m good, I have that

Here is my complete wiring.

The first LED works but as soon as I add the 2nd LED afterward with its power sup, everything starts flashing. an idea ?

I did the “pixel sacrifice” technique, it greatly reduced the blinking but I still have some.

any ideas to further improve the data?

It looks good to me. How far is it from where the data exits the end of the first strip to the beginning of the second strip?

1 Like

If your jump from the first strip to the second strip is more than 3 meters then you will definitely need some sort of data booster if that’s your scenario.

Here is one I used