Multi input support

Just curious to know if the multi input support will be added to the next release. And if selectable input type can be selected like toggle(high/Low). And the usual short/long/double press. Also if the amount of inputs could be chosen via the UI or at compile time.

Cheers.

Please help me understand. Describe what inputs and related functions you mean?
Something like this?

Input    Activation        Type      Function
PB 1     Long press        High      <what it should do>
PB 1     Short press       High      <what it should do>
PB 1     Dbl press         High      <what it should do>
IR 1     Infrared input    ---       Infrared input pin #1
IR 2     Infrared input    ---       Infrared input pin #2

I think they mean multi-button.

If I understand you correctly, I should modify the above “template” for conversation to something like this:

Input    Activation        Type      Function
PB 1     Long press        High      <what it should do>
PB 1     Short press       High      <what it should do>
PB 1     Dbl press         High      <what it should do>
PB 2     Long press        High      <what it should do>
PB 2     Short press       High      <what it should do>
PB 2     Dbl press         High      <what it should do>
PB 3     Long press        High      <what it should do>
PB 3     Short press       High      <what it should do>
PB 3     Dbl press         High      <what it should do>

Yeah keep the already implemented short/long/double press. But also add just a high and low. For use with a switch, or a latching button or with a signal/voltage coming from another controller type thing. So if the input is High no matter the length of time (do something eg a preset/macro) and if it’s low (do something else or nothing). I’m trying to use it with my car headlights for indicators/hazards. And since they also have the DRL attached can display that and also run patterns for when I’m at a show or something. I have successfully done this with an ESP32 for WLED and a nano for just the indicators and hazards. But would like an all in one kinda deal. And if say at least 5 inputs could be utilised it could run the brake/tail setup Aswell.

@bpnine has added 2 extra inputs to the 0.11 build. I thank him for sharing it. It works quite well and reckon if something like this could be implemented in the upcoming build would be great.

I’m no coder by all means. I’m walking myself through the basics slowly . But there is so much to take in. I can build and put together nearly anything in front of me. But yeah the coding side has got me.

Thanks for the extra details. I adjusted the above “template” for conversation:

Input    Activation        Function
PB x     Long press        runtime configurable
PB x     Short press       runtime configurable
PB x     Dbl press         runtime configurable
PB x     High level        runtime configurable
PB x     Low level         runtime configurable

Yes this is what I’m talking about. I reckon will give more flexibility