Multiple "Skip First LED" when using mutiple outlets on ESP32

Hi

Thank you for this awesome software - having so much fun using it.

I searched but couldn’t find a solution to this - please let me know if I have missed it somewhere.

Current project has 1286 ws2812b LEDs. I have split these into 2 data signals (699 + 587) and all are working with no issues.

I am using sacrificial pixels on both signal lines, and have selected “skip first led” but this seems to only skip the first led on the first output signal. The other sacrificial led remains on.

Is it possible to also turn this off? If so, how?

I have tried changing the starting pixel number for the second signal (to 700, 701 etc) but that didn’t seem to have any effect.

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks

If had this as well using sacrificial pixels. I don’t think skip first led per channel has been implemented yet as rev 0.12 is the first to incorporate multi channel outputs, 10 on the Esp 32 and 3 on the Esp 8266. I simply swapped them out for level shifters and the issue was solved.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

That makes sense.

Bluetack as a short term bodge solution then :wink:

That’s an option in Blaz’s branch.

1 Like

Thank you.

Will take a look.

A simple work-around is to create a 1 pixel segment at the start of a new LED strip. I think having it black should work, but not positive.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried this and while I can segment out the sacrificial led - the segment after this does not ‘flow’ from the first strip.

Currently there is no flow unless you can configure multiple strips controlled from the same esp32

Yes, I agree.

I get the flow (as using 2 outputs on single esp32) but this flow stops when I also introduce segments to ‘blank’ out LED# 700.

Thanks for your help.

Currently solved using a phyisical solution - I have used Black Heatshrink to cover the LED which works.

Will update the post if I ever manage a configuration solution.