My small level shifter board

I know there are some really cool, and highly function board designs out there for level shifting and driving LED strips. Here is my modest design. It shifts outputs D5 and D6 so a recompile is necessary (sorry, did this before I knew D4 was hard-coded). It also does not have great provisions for power injection but for small projects like lamps etc. this board is small and works as a great shield for a Wemos D1 mini. It uses easy to source components and requires minimal SMD Skills. Wemos D1 Shield Level Shifter D5 and D6 Shifted - EasyEDA

Hi! It’s only one problem with your circuit it’s slow. And will not work for long wires.

Thanks for the feedback, that’s how we all get better at this stuff. I did state in my description that the board was not a replacement for the great WLED driver boards developed by others, but rather a small, inexpensive level shifter for small projects such as lamps (the kind of stuff I like to do) for that it works fine so far. I am not certain about your comment regarding it being ‘slow’ It seems to work fine with WLED, am I missing something? Please tell me more, maybe I can improve my designs accordingly.

There is similar to yours boards with shifters based on same circuit. So far many ppl try to use with WLED project unsuccessful due to limitation of transistors used in circuit. It will work without problem if wires from board to first pixel is short. Better alternative is to place on shield actually WS2812B pixel. That gives you more distance btw board and first pixel. Or actual shifter AHCT125 or similar which proven in many designs.