SYNC devices brightness keeps going to 0 (off)

Running 0.13.3 on all 3 devices (ESP32 master, 200 leds, WS2811) and 2 slaves (ESP8266, 600 leds, ws2812B and ESP8266, 300 leds, ws2812b). I have FIXED IP addresses. Using Time& Macros. My Preset starts at 1730hrs running X-mas preset (one segment of 1100 leds). Sometimes all 3 strips light, most of the time, just the Master ESP32 strips light. in SYNC, sending BRIGHTNESS, SEGMENT, and the 2 slaves are receiving BRIGHTNESS and SEGMENT. I have to wait for show to start and when the slaves have no brightness ( seen on main display of WLED mobile app) I can manually bring up the slave brightness. A few hours later and the slave devices brightness is back at 0 (off) and I have to manually increase their brightness again. If Master is sending brightness and slaves are receiving brightness, how are my slave units getting brightness set to 0?

Check if your slaves are rebooting.

All 3 devices have exact same time (3days, 21 hours, using INFO, Uptime), but last night I had to raise the 2 slaves brightness several times throughtout the night. Even if the slaves devices rebooted, wouldn’t they receive a brightness and effect next time the master preset changes its effect? ( my preset has 12 effects that cycle randomally every 60 seconds (xmas light show)

Just changed both skaves to NOT RECEIVE brightness in SYNC settings. I have set their brightness manually. I am running my preset now and will watch for several hours.

4 Hrs today, Manual Brightness setting on slave devices worked perfectly. I swtiched Slaves to receive brightness and I noticed in 3.5 hrs, the brightness on the salves were at 0. I switched the slaves back to not receiving brightness from master. I think there is a issue with 0.13.3 that somehow DDP is sending a signal that sets slave brightness to 0 and it stays that way until you noticed your displays are not lit up anymore

Might be worth a load of 0.14 available in Serg Bins to see if it’s been caught.

DDP is completely different beast.
I gues you are talking about UDP sync.

Please post your master presets.json

I can’t upload .json just .jpg and other extensions.
Can’t even cut and past. Got this message An error occurred: Body is limited to 32000 characters; you entered 39287

I have DDP defined in LED PREFERENCES, to get my 1100 pixel virtual string (200+600+300) and I hit the SYNC button on my ‘master’ ESP32, so yes, I guess I am using DDP & UDP, is that bad?

Flashed 0.14-b0 to all 3 devices (esp32, (2) esp8266. Ran preset for 2 hours and noticed that my 2 slaves brightness were at 0 again. Chaning the slave devices not to receive brightness from master using UDP

I want a VIRTUAL segment across all 3 of my strips to have a common effect. The only way I know how is to use DDP under LED PRFERENCES. The only way to send the same effect to my 2 slaves is to use UDP. Am i setting this up wrong?

Yes. DDP and SYNC are not meant to be used together. Their purpose is different and only your testing will show which you need.
DDP is a realtime protocol vs. SYNC which is state syncing.

I would recommend you restart your thought process.

I personaly do not use DDP but still have 5 ESPs around my roof borderline (3-6 segments) synchronised using SYNC.

Turned off all SYNC settings (thanks). Only using DDP. Can you spread an effect (like SCAN) across the ‘virtual string’ using SYNC? I know it works wth DDP

You can’t.