Using analog mode with NodeMCU v2

I’m currently trying to get an analog LED stripe to work on my NodeMCU v2. To create a custom version of wled with analog support, I used the wiki guide. As PWM pins I set 14, 12 and 15, as these seem to be be mapped to D5, D6 and D8, which are PWM-capable.
But when connecting the stripe (via correctly rated MOSFETS), the stripe won’t react and not show the set color. So, I’m pretty sure that I have something configured wrong. Trying out other output pins on the board also didn’t yield any result.
Does anybody has experience with how to properly configure analog LEDs with a NodeMCU?

I have also created a patch file with my changes (based on tag v0.11.1), in case it is needed.

Assuming you are using N-channel MOSFETs, do you have pull-down resistors on the gates?

I’m using IRLZ34N MOSFETs, so the assumption about N-channel mosfets is correct :slight_smile:

I’m currently not using any resistors on the gates, as I just adapted this RPI tutorial for the cabeling. I’m currently trying to understand what a pull-down-resistor does and how to properly caclulate how many Ohm my resistor would need for that, but as I’m not really familiar with low level electronics, I would really appriciate a hand if you would have the time

Try adding a 10k between the gates and ground.