Using pushbutton to change presets

The ps attribute of playlist is supposed to have an array of presets. What you have here doesn’t make sense. Either just load preset three &PL=3 or add a repeat of 1 and an end attribute to go back to preset 1.

Tonyno, Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
I assigned the switch,to the PIN and defined it in presets… What to do nexxt is something I cannot yet understand.
Thanks to ARTACUS i have come this far. This is preset3:

{“playlist”:{“ps”:[1,2,2],“dur”:[100,100,300],“transition”:[100,100,50],“repeat”:1,“r”:false,“end”:0}}
So my motion detector connected to GPI05 is assigned as PUSHBUTTON;
Then, on BUTTON 0 zero LONG I entered 3.
when the motion detector activates preset 3 makes preset 1 to stop and preset 2 begins, then after a while and motion detector is inactive preset 1 begins.

how could I control preset 3 with button 1 so that only when button 1 is pressed preset will work as if it was independent.GPI04;

I know that my new switch will be connected to GPI04 and assigned as PUSHBUTTON;
Then, on BUTTON 1 LONG I will enter 4, the new preset;
any ideas on preset 4 configuration?
Thank you
hope this makes sense.
Martin

Sorry I didn’t see your post.
Thank you, I’ll give it a try.
M

Artacus, I created an additional preset 4 and in it I placed the command &PL=3 and didn’t work.
I connected the switch to pin D2 (GPIO4);
On button long I entered 4 (the new preset);
On led preferences, on button 1entered input #4 as push button.
What am I missing? I cannot find anything on the web that can help me understand this.
Please help me.

I’m not sure I can help because I can’t make sense of what you are trying to do. For instance, making a preset 4 that just loads preset 3 doesn’t make sense to me. Why would you not just load preset 3?

I didn’t understand your previous instructions:
“ Either just load preset three &PL=3
I thought you meant to put &PL=3 in a preset, that is why I put it in preset 4.
I’m trying my best to understand this way of programming but the info I found on the web is is too vague.
Martin

im trying out the beta version with 4 button inputs.

i have made 3 presets and assigned them to each button.

when i play them via wled dashboard they work fine. but when i use the buttons things get really messed up. buttons work correctly and the correct present starts playing as per the dashboard. but the output is not correct.

button pins
button actions
see this video

Can you post preset API?
I have replicated your setup (except for pins used) and it works on my setup.
Please also post your wiring schematics.

Question: Why do you have all three types of presses assigned to the same preset?
Remove long press and see if it helps.

Long press on non 0 button is “REPEATABLE”.

Sorry for late reply.
Have u seen the video I linked

I will post the preset api asap

can u help what its mean button 0 : 1, 1, 1 , button 2 : 2,2,2 ?
and which one led mode when i pressed button?

Look at Timer & Macro settings… or scroll up. :wink:

1,1,1 and 2,2,2 is most likely mistake.
Should not be generally used like that.
The numbers are preset numbers.