Wled 0.14 beta

After soo many issues with presets not saving, i have flashed my esp32 with the new 0.14beta WLED software and it has resolved the issue :slight_smile: presets all work fine, many thanks to Aircookie for sorting that

Has anyone else updated yet? Only asking as I’ve noticed some of the effects have slightly changed in regards to color selection, for example NOISE4 used to allow me to select 3 colours so it will twinkle those 3 colours, now it only allows 1 color to be selected - a few others are the same. If you have updated, is this the same on yours?

What’s your actual V14 build date, should be at least 202211xxx ?

I’m running 202211220 and Noise4 gives me access to Fx, Bg, Cs colour settings.
Where did you get your .bin file?

I got the bin file from aircookies github resource page which was only updated 19 hours ago, build is 2212011

Showing build 2211300 on the app info page

Can you post the link you used for your V14 .bin?
I don’t see any builds for V14 on the Aircookie Github, they’re still at v13.3 for me.

That’s what I thought.
Those are the “Serg” bins, not the official Aircookie releases.
They are the best source for all the latest and greatest changes as the code evolves, but they are “Beta” versions.
I just pulled and installed the ESP32 version from the “experimental” branch :ESP32 bin
It has the 3 colour configs for noise.
Try that one and see if you get what you want, it’s entirely possible a bug was introduced into the other version.

i got the ethernet one as mine has the ethernet top board on. must be a bug tho as i just went back on it and the 3 color options appeared for a few seconds then vanished, strange. To be honest tho im not that fussed, im just pleased the presets now work, might try reflash again and see if it cures it

If you’re getting weirdness like that I’d backup your config and preset files, and wipe it and do a reflash.
Watch for the FS size and free heap under info as well.

You might even try a different browser, I personally use Firefox with good success.

I usually use the ESP flasher tool to flash with, im still learning and have only found that way so far to flash the ESP with downloaded BIN files, can i ask which way you refer to? This sounds like a better way

With ESP32 I just use OTA (Over The Air) updates.
I think that should just work with a hardwired connection as well, but I’m not sure.

Definitely the easiest method once you’ve got a working WLED version up.
The other hardwired version that works for me is use Chrome and go to install.wled.me with a usb serial connection to your board.
That will only get you up V13.3 (it does recognize ETH01), but will allow for an erase first so you get a clean install.
After that you can use OTA to get whatever version you want.