Looking for WLED_0.8.6_ESP32.bin

Hello,

I am looking for WLED_0.8.6_ESP32.bin. When I download and install it from GutHub what gets installed is 0.8.5. Anybody know where I can get a copy of 0.8.6.

Thank you

Hi!

Does it also report WLED 0.8.5 when you go to about settings and scroll all the way down? There was a bug where the version name displayed in the browser tab would be incorrect.

That said, I would recommend using the latest release :slight_smile:

Thant you for your reply Aircookie.

The browser tab shows WLED 0.8.4 and the settings list it as 0.8.5

I have been having WiFi connection issues from the beginning after I upgraded to 0.9.1. I am currently using 5 D1 Mini boards (with ESP8266EX chips) and 5 Mini32 boards (with ESP32 chips) and all 10 have been randomly disconnecting from the WiFi. Sometimes after only a few minutes, sometimes a few hours but they have never stayed connected over night. Sometimes when the WiFi disconnects on one of the units and I have Sync turn on the board that has disconnected from WiFi still responds to the Sync, but not always.

The ESP32 boards are another beast all together, I ussually have to flash them multiple times for the flash to work (I have tried a few different flashing tools - all with the same result). And when the flash shows successful the WLED-AP does not always show up - I then start flashing again (0ver and over again).

I have found in your notes for version 0.8.6 that “WiFi will now auto-reconnect if connection lost” (I was previously using release 0.8.5). I downgraded to 0.8.6 on the ESP8266EX boards and low and behold my WiFi connection issues all went away.

That’s when I tried the WLED_0.8.6_ESP32.bin on the ESP32 boards and found it was actually 0.8.5.

All of my boards are from Aliexpress and are listed as ESP8266 and ESP32 compatible but do not have the name Wemos any where on the boards even though the pictures at Aliexpress very clearly show it. So I don’t put a lot of faith in the boards themselves and I have to suspect the boards are alot of the issue. But since version 0.8.6 is so rock solid with the WiFi connection on the ESP8266 boards I thought I would try it on the ESP32 boards.

Thank you for your time Aircookie - I love the work you have done with WLED and Home Assistant.

Hi, here is the 0.8.6 binary for ESP32 (although the one on the releases page should be the same, weird…)
WLED_0.8.6_ESP32.bin (1016.3 KB)

The ESP8266 wifi issue you experience with 0.9.1 are likely platform-specific, meaning it should work better on esp32 :slight_smile: