Additional Alexa Phrases

How difficult would it be to expand the Alexa capability to include being able to set predefined patterns? Example: “Alexa, set to rainbow pattern” or “Alexa, set to pattern rainbow.” I was looking through the C++ code but don’t really understand enough (yet) about how define keywords in Alexa. My understanding is that WLED utilizes another device interface (Hue, I believe) to function, which could limit changing the vocabulary, and I’ve looked over the code a little bit. I’ve done a little playing around with Alexa in Java (enough to be dangerous) but haven’t spent serious time on it. My background is 35+ years of development mostly in Java, but started with Assembly, C, and C++ so I understand the languages, I’m just rusty :). Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

I have posted about this here and hopefully clearly laid out how it could be implemented using existing technology. I was surprised it wasn’t already an option to be honest or that there weren’t more posts asking for it! :slight_smile: