Analogue LED strip

I have seen multiple posts stating these classic non-adressable RGB LEDs can be controlled using Mosfets between the pin and the colour channel and I have compiled wled three times now with uncommented lines…but cannot get it to work. Is there a single clear instruction how to do this? The ones I have tried seem to be based on older versions or referring to lines in files that I cannot find. Daughter-father pressure is mounting and the adressable strip are arriving in two weeks only - an eternity for a teenager to wait for :wink:

Just grab the latest beta. You can set the pins via the UI. :wink:

1 Like

the thing I love most about software is you can spend hours on getting something to work and when finally someone tells you the answer you are happy instead of frustrated about the time lost :wink: ! Awesome, I will nominate whomever did that development for the Nobel prize :wink:

2 Likes

Hey can you please tell me which mofset model did you use? I have bunch of non addressable lying around but not sure on how to use it. May be this beta can help me too :blush:

Here you go: Lot de 5 transistors IRLB8721PBF TO-220(TO-220AB) MOSFET 30 V 62 A Power N-Channel Marquage IRLB8721 https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B087PLH4CF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_EXMNBJ6T5QZSXQC882SX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And here is the wiring diagram: Usage | RGB LED Strips | Adafruit Learning System

Hey thanks a lot for the information. One last question. What are the specs of your led for which u used this mosfet? I have 12V led strip for which I need them. Will your model work with mine too?

Hi @HardKothari, the MOSFETs work for everything up to 30V - so you can use them for 5V, 12V or 24V.

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush: