Can We Add Analog Strip with Addressable Strip

I am thinking if I could add another white analog strip in combination with an addressable ws2812 strip on my esp32.

You can if you use different pins Multi-strip Support - WLED Project

Yes you can.

but how, I have seen that, but I didn’t get that may be you could guide me for that.
And Thank You again for that.

You just set up one, then add a pin and set the other.

Under Config->LED Preferences go to Hardware setup and click on the “+” after your current strip.
That will give you the option for a new strip where you can choose a different GPIO and protocol type.
You can use one of the analog types.

1 Like

What type of a strip to choose if I want to connect fairy lights? It’s a strip with only two wires, positive and ground. And what pin to use?

Those won’t be usable with WLED, they are typically setup with fixed colours and use an alternating voltage to chose which LED string lights up.

At best you’d treat them as analogue and probably get half the string to work.

1 Like

The strip has a USB connector so it runs on 5V. All I want is to turn the strip on and off via WLED so I can operate everything with a single program/app.

What does the “on/off” in LED outputs means? Can I se that preset to control an analog strip?

off in wled is just setting the color to black. You would need a relay to cut the power to the LEDs

1 Like