ET-AL01 - How to combine addressable and analog LED-strips?

Hi,

We have created a LED controller that is able to combine analog and addressable LED strips.
5 channel Analog LED controller - ET-AL01 - espthings.io
(65) ET-AL01 - 5 Channel Analog LED Controller - YouTube

It’s a 5 channel ‘analog’ board running an ESP8266 or ESP32, but since we use the SN74HTC244 you could turn 1 or 2 analog channels into a digital channel for addressable led-strips by just leaving out the mosfet and bridge the channel.

Is it possible to have wled drive 1 (or 2) digital channels and 3 (or 4) analog channels?

I’m not so much a software guy, so please be gentle :wink:

Cheers,

Michel

Sure. Just set them up in LED Preferences.

Wow, thanks! I was using a somewhat older version of WLED. Just flashed the latest and found it.

Just tried it:

I have one 12v WS2811 strip and 1 CW/WW analog LED strip. Configured as below:

I was hoping to be able to individually control the Analog channels as well as the digital channel.
When I choose a ‘blink’ effect now, the CW/WW strip also starts blinking.

Is there a way to individually control them? I looked but didn’t find a solution yet.

Cheers,

Michel

Look into Segments.

I tried, but as far as I understand I can only create segments for the addressable strips.

Hi! You can use segments for analog LEDs as well!
In the hardware setup, set the Index field of the PWM WWCW bus to 0. Then, set the Start of the WS281x bus to 1. Increase the Total LED count by 1 and save :slight_smile:

Now you can make 2 segments, set the first from 0-1 to control the analog channels (Red = warm white, Green = cold white, I am yet to implement proper white handling) and the second to 1-239 to control the digital strip.

Hi, much appriciated.

Set the hardware:

But when setting effects, I’m somehow still controlling both segments at once.

Also when I use the brightness slider in the segments, the slider of segment 1 controls only the analog CW/WW strip, but the seconds segments controls both, or at least changing the slider influences the analog strip (brightness) as well.

Set the segments:

Put 1 into the start field of the digital bus, not 2 :slight_smile:
If the brightness on the analog strip goes down if you increase the one of the digital strip segment, it is because of the brightness limiter. In your earlier screenshot, it is still set to 850mA. If you set it to the amp rating of the power supply you use for the digital strip, it should resolve the issue.

Hi,

Put 1 into the start field of the digital bus, not 2 :slight_smile:

Because of the brightness issue, I tried several settings. I started with 1 :wink:

If the brightness on the analog strip goes down if you increase the one of the digital strip segment, it is because of the brightness limiter. In your earlier screenshot, it is still set to 850mA. If you set it to the amp rating of the power supply you use for the digital strip, it should resolve the issue.

That was it. I didn’t link that setting to this issue :frowning:

Thanks for all your help. I will add our controller to your hardware page :wink:

Next week we will release our 4 channel digital version with 2 inputs.

Small preview:

Cheers,

Michel

2 Likes