Esp32 dosent autostart on power up

One thing I noticed on my ESP32 boards is that it dosen’t AutoStart on power up which worked fine on the esp8266 boards. If I connect to it via the app it looks like it’s on but I have to turn it off and back on to get it to work. After that it works fine until the next powerup. Any ideas? Apply presets at boot is 0 and I’m using Relay GPIO which is not energizing on powerup.

I am having the same issue - just changed from ESP8266 to ESP32. I turn off and on my WLED power supply via a wifi plug, and has worked great for years. After going to ESP32, once i turn the power off, and turn the power back on, it will not turn on. It has power, but wont display until I physically hit the reset button on the board. Listening in

The best workaround that I found is to setup a preset and have it configured to turn on that preset on power up.

In my case, I do have a preset selected and set to boot on that one. Still didnt work.

For some reason, it came up fine this morning. but failed 4 times last night

tried it again, and it failed to start… unable to reach via website, app, etc… but board shows it has power. Blue light is not blinking… just red light

What board?
Sometimes a cap between EN and GND helps.

Adding a capacitor? What size?

For my boards a 1uF 0603 ceramic cap did the job.