Flicker 2

I have two LED-strips, both WS2815B connected to separate MCU´s, flashed with WLED_0.9.0-b1_ESP8266.bin.
They share the same 12.5 A powersupply, and both LEDs get powered (12v) directly from the psu.
Ground goes from the psu directly to the MCU´s.
The D4 data pin is connected to the backup data wire on the LEDs, since the primary connection seemed faulty.

One MCU is is power from a USB, the other through a 12V-5V DC-DC converter (3A).
This last LED connected to the non-USB-powered MCU is flickering once in a while, say each 15 seconds (see video). It dips to black or to an other color in its full lenght (288 LEDs).

Since this morning I have:

• swapped the non-USB-powered MCU with a new one, and flashed with WLED_0.9.0-b1_ESP8266.bin. Connected the new MCU to USB power. LED´s still flashing as before.
  • Swapped the data cables, between the LEDs, so that they would get the data signal form the other MCU. LED´s still flashing as before.

I might add: The blue/red slips above are both set to low brightness, and solid effect.
When changing effect from Solid to e.g. Dynamic there is a way more lightening effect.
See below:

I´m closer to a solution, but I cannot figure out why this LED is flickering… Any suggestions?

Hi,
sorry for my very late response, I must have missed your post.
Please try and connect the grounds of the MCU and LED strip directly, not via the power supply.
If that still doesn’t help, you will likely need an extra component, a level shifter that converts the logic level of the data signal from 3.3v to 5v. I recommend the 74AHCT125N.
I hope you can get your LEDs to work soon!