Full white with analog RGB

I typically run my deck lights from a MagicHome controller but I’d like something a bit more configurable. Using the latest release (13.1, I believe) with an RGB node (not RGBW). Running on an ESP32. Output is defined as PWM RGB with 3 pins defined for each of four outputs. External power supply is used for power. The node has 3 wires, black, red, green, and blue. Black is connected to 12V on the power supply. R, G, and B are run through MOSFETs connected to Negative on the power supply.

While testing, each color works as expected but, when I set the color to full White, I’d expect all 3 LEDs to go full power to create the white color. Instead, I seem to get a light blue color, very dim. I’m not sure if this is a node issue, a software issue, or just something I’m doing wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

All three should turn on. Maybe you have a current issue (can’t supply enough)?

I kind of thought the same, but the power supply is a 29A 350W Meanwell so I should be good, especially for just one node at the moment. I’ll have to test the pins on the ESP to see what’s being sent when White is requested.

So, my understanding of how it ‘should’ work is correct? PWM RGB as the type and it just magically knows that it should send the signal to all 3 wires to make white?

Then maybe wires too thin.

No magic. :smiley: You can also use white-balance correction to shift it from warm to cool and back.

I would LOVE to see some magic! :joy: