Has anyone used WS2812D F5?

Link to buy

Wled works with them using WS281X, but white/orange and yellow can’t be produced, the leds look off than mixing RGB to create the colours, if anyone has any settings that be great.

Can you get pure Red, Green, and Blue by themselves?

Have you got the correct order of RGB/GRB/RBG set in WLED?

If I use WS281X and set that to RGB I can get R/G/B colours, if I press white the LED turns off and a slight glow of red can be seen. If I select Yellow/orange its almost identical to standard Red colour.

Thanks for getting back to me.

That doesn’t sound right at all.
How many LEDs are you driving?
What ESP board are you using to drive them?
What power supply are you using for the ESP and/or the LEDs?
Have you got a simple wiring diagram of your setup?

Do you have brightness control on a single colour?
You could also try to see if a simple sweep effect works on a single colour.

I have a hundred in total, using an ESP32-S2, currently powered by simple 5v USB but have tested also with an 5V 10amp PSU and still the same. for wiring Id say same as LED strips, power to led, Data pin 2 for in then data out from led to data in on next led etc.

Brightness working fine for Red, Green and Blue, some reason they don’t want to mix all 3 colours to create others such as white and orange/yellow.

Effects work, just the leds look turned off when it cant create a certain colour.

Just checked on packaging and it says “Model: YF923” so im not even sure they are WS281X’s, wish I had ordered the WS2811 version instead as no one has had issues with them.

Thanks again.

Try controlling a very small set of your 100 LEDs.
Just create a segment of 5 or 10 LEDs and see how they react.
That will help eliminate any potential power issues.

Will do tomorrow and let you know how I got on :ok_hand: