Fuse/Capacitor question

I am connecting 5m 24v fcob and 5m ws2813 to a 24v 600w power supply following exactly what the tutorial image shows to do for each.

I noticed that there is a fuse between the power supply and the buck convertor, and after that it branches off to another fuse before a capacitor. Is it necessary to have both fuses after each other? also, if i am injecting to the opposite end of the 5m strip, is an additional fuse and capacitor (not shown in the image) needed?

Thanks.

The capacitors in those drawings are largely unneeded. They theoretically serve the purpose of bolstering the power supply for brief surges during various effects. The reality is that proper power specification and wiring render them useless.

As far as fusing goes, that diagram is basically incorrect. Putting 2 fuses in series on the same wire is at best a waste of time.

That diagram should be changed so that each injection wire attaches directly to the power supply and each wire has its own fuse. That’s the purpose of a fuse: to protect the wiring in your project so that a short and/or a failure of a connected device does not force the wire to draw more current than it can safely handle.

That is what I thought. Thank you.