Hello i am trying to use WLED for my car. Maybe AP mode

Hello im trying to do a wled setup in my car i want to do it for my headlights and eventually my underglow i want to switch it out into a wled one. My only question is how would i do it without the wifi. How do i do it with ap mode maybe. Worst case senerio i have extra esp32’s i can use but id rather not. Any suggestions. I just dont want to have to connect it to wifi or turn on hotspot every time i want to show off my lights. I already have all the stuff. I jjst need help making it to ap mode or something. Also can i take a signal like my blinker and connect it to the esp and when it picks up thay signal i can make it have to lights do something. And i also wanted to do a startup sequence so when the loghts get power .i.e. when i turn on my car the do something

Reset to factory settings. Poof, you’re in AP mode.

However, in most if not all US states, altering the headlights or turn signals is a violation. In some states underglow lights are illegal while the vehicle is in motion.

Just hold the reset button??? Or in wled settings? And yes yes i know i dont intent on driving down the road with it on. Its only for the local car meets, vehicle will not be in moition qith the lights on

If you have WLED running, go to Config, Security, Factory Reset. This way you can control the LEDs from your phone without WiFi.

Okay thank you steven!!! Also do u know can i power the esp32 with 12v from my car.

It depends on the board it’s on. Some have a PSU on board that can handle an input of 12V, some don’t.

I don’t use the ESP32, preferring the cheaper Wemos D1 Mini ($5) or the ESP-01 ($1). To be safe, I would recommend something like this.

This is designed to be used in harsh vehicle electrical systems.

Alright thank you. I only have an esp32. I think it can only take 5v. I have a stepdown converter for 12v to 5v. But my lights strips are 12v. So they esp32 will only power the first strip n then on the second strip it just get a tiny little bit of light coming through on the first LED only. Its less than 20 LEDS per strip only about 60 LEDS total i have to power. My question is where should i inject 12v power. At the beginning of the strip? The end of the strip? Or where the light stops? Thanks in advance

For 12v, injection could be needed every 4-6 meters. If you have less than that, should be no need.