Help confirm LED Strip Compatibility

Hi all, any idea if I can use the following led strips I already have with WLED?, I don’t have much info on the strips or chip, but I know 3 RGB Led’s are controlled per chip, 2 before and 1 after each chip, just discovered WLED, and would love to be able to use it with my strips, as the current controller is Bluetooth only.

Amazon Link>
Listed as “RGBIC Rainbow effect”, “DreamColor LED”

Actial product Pic: Only allowed 1 pic as new user.

![chip|690x427]

One more pic.

![strip_LI|690x220]

One more pic.

I’m not positive, but it sure sounds like WS2811 strip. But if that is what you’re looking for, I’d recommend you know what you’re getting and from a reputable manufacturer. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CP5PQU6

This one is cheaper, probably because it doesn’t come with power supply and controller. But if you’re going to use WLED any way, there’s no sense paying for something you’re not going to use.

Thanks for the response, but I already have the strip installed wrapping the entire room at the ceiling level “50ft”, trying to figure out if it’s compatible.

Looks to me like WS2811 too. It’s certainly worth a try, should work either with the WS281x or the 400kHz LED types in WLED.

So I just tested it out but it doesn’t seem to properly control the strip, switching between colors or effects only seem to affect the first 2 or 3 segments, and the color isn’t correct “flickering multiple colors”, however, I did notice that if I choose a solid color and power cycle the strip only, it seems to power on with the correct color.

Do you have a common ground between the controller and strip?

Yes, ESP is USB powered, and I tied the GND Pin to the LED Strip “12V3A” Power Supply Negative, the strip has 75 chips with 225 Led’s.

The usb. Does it go through some sort of breakout so you can connect usb ground to led strip and power supply ground?

No, I just used the ground pin on the board, is that not linked to the usb ground?

Possibly no.

Fat-fingered on an iPhone

If you have both data and ground connected between the board and strip, then that’s not the problem.

Ok, then I assume it’s not compatible, thanks.

FYI: see below, if relavant or maybe help someone else, not sure if the info from this device can help with getting WLED configured to control these strips.

I got the device linked below which works to control the strip via the MagicHome App, specs state “Supported Driver IC: WS2811,WS2812B,SK6812,WS2801,UCS1903 ect.”, not sure which is the one I have, but this works, just thought it may be some useful info.

Aclorol WS2812B WS2811 LED WiFi Controller.