Help, Level Shifter not working?

Hello,
I have 3 led strips (WS2812B - 101, 70 and 70 leds) connected to ESP32 WROOM.
I am using an external power supply (20A, 5V 100W) for powering each led strip and the ESP32.

The lights are working good but sometimes (every 20-40 secs) I got some flashes with full power multicolor lights. If I use solid colors at full brightness I had no flashes.

Someone told me to use a level shifter to solve my problem.

I connected a TXS0108E connecting VA with ESP32 3V3 and VB with ESP32 V5. I connected 3 pin for data transmission from ESP to level shifter and then to led stripes.

Now it only continues to flicker multiple colors, without applying any effect or brightness control.
If I lower FPS from WLED, the flickering slow down.

I attached a little schema…Where am I wrong?

Thank you

There’s a problem with your schematic: VA is connected to O2 and A1 is connected to 3v3.
Presuming you’ve got those two connections reversed (as they should be) in the real world your pin placement for that chip is very odd as well, the half moon outline at the top usually means pin#1 would be in the upper left of the chip.
That would be A1, but you’ve labelled it as OE?

It’s possible you’re using one of those “breakout boards” with that chip, in which case check out the following diagram I stole from another site:

Working TXS0108 Schematic

Note they tie the OE line to 3v3 and they’re using the shifter in the “opposite direction” (B->A) from yours.
Fairly simple to try and it supposedly works.

What version of WLED are you running.

Hi,
it is only a graphic problem…VA is correctly connected to 3V3 and A1 is connected to G2.
I added connection from 3V3 to OE.

The data direction is ok from A to B if every example I read on internet is good…

I am running latest version of WLED but also tried previous beta versions…

Versions won’t matter with a shifter/wiring problem. Check for other issues.

With latest beta no more flashes and flickers (without level shifter)……

:blush: