Interleave groups in segments

Hello! First of all, thanks to all that contribute because the project is awesome.

Second, I know that I’m about to propose can be done with LED mapping, but I would love to be able to enable this behavior on select presets, if possible.

Let’s assume i have a 12 LED strip and let’s called those positions 0-11.

If I choose a grouping of 3, the virtual LEDs match like this to the positions:
0 0 0 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3

I would like to have the ability to interleave the groups, instead of having all the LEDs in a group together. So if I choose to interleave a grouping of 3, the mapping is as follows:
0 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 0 1 2 3

Why? Well, in my display I have a few props that are the same length and I would like to keep synchronized and this would allow me to have those props in a single segment. In the example above, each prop would be 4 physical LEDs. This would also be useful because I have wreaths that have concentric circles and each circle would be its own repeat.

There can be additional uses, like dividing a very long strip into equidistant sections.

My apologies if this has been mentioned or proposed before, but the only thing I’ve seen close to it is a couple posts without an answer on the Discord server.

Thanks for reading!

Ok, not sure if there will be any interest, but I dug into the code and I think I implemented the necessary changes to make this happen. I have not tested it yet, but here it is…

I’m editing the first post for clarity. I think this could be driven by a boolean called “Interleave groups?” with the default being no (current behavior).