Issues with multiple buttons as switches - resolved non-issue - faulty hardware

Hello,

I am having issues with buttons (configured as switches) not behaving as expected and wanted a sanity check before raising an issue.

The setup is very simple to replace beside lights, so have a single strip with 2 segements, right and left. 2 switches connected to 2 GPIO’s to allow each switch to control it’s own segment. I have setup 4 presets, left on, left off, right on, right off. When controlling these via the UI they work as expected and in any combination they independently control each side. Have setup the 2 buttons as switches (left and right) and entered the correct presets in the the On->Off & Off->On boxes of the buttons.

When I test them independently the right switch turns on and off the right side and left switch turns on and off the left side, so far so good but… if I turn on the right side switch the right side lights come on, but if I then turn on the left side it turns the right side off and does not turn on the left preset at all, toggling the left switch now turn the right side on and off. If I leave the left side on and turn the right side off, the left side then lights up and the right side then controls the left side until the left side is switched off.

So with either side switch set to on, if you then turn on the opposite side it will control the side that was first turned on, not it’s intended side, and I can see the incorrect oresets being selected in the UI. Once again using the UI works perfectly in that combination. I have tried multiple different GPIO’s with same result. Any ideas?

**Update: This was due to faulty hardware ESP32 - whilst debugging I tried this on another ESP32 and everything worked correctly, reverted to original device and issue re-appreared **

Please contact me on Discord.