Lightning Effect

I’ve found a problem in Lightning where it never reaches the end of the LEDs. It’s based on the number of LEDs and gets worse with fewer. One of my boards is a four-channel analog and only the first two ever flash. The bad-percentage drops to 15% when using 20 LEDs on my addressable strip.

Confirmed that this effect will never use the last 2 LEDs in a segment. Will fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Soon? :wink:

Fixed! I really need to start opening Github issues for everything or else I forget :wink:

1 Like

I’m running 3 strands each with 300 pixels. When i run the lightning effect the first two strands run fine but the last strands does nothing. Any suggestions?

How many pixels are configured in WLED for your 3 strands in a row setup? 600? 900?

I configured for 900. All other effects work across all 900 pixels but the lightning effect.

Not seeing this on my end. It was fixed for me a while back.

Now i have all 900 pixels running in parallel split into three segments of 300 each. Not sure if that would impact this effect or not. Again all other effects with this configuration work as expected.

Pixels in parallel don’t count when looked at from the controller point of view. Does that mean you have 300?

I misspoke. This is not running in parallel. They are in sequence and i have three segments of 300 each.

As a test, configure 3 segments. Segment 1 start = 0, stop = 300. Seg 2 start = 300, stop = 600. Seg 3 start = 600, stop = 900.
In each segment configure lightning effect.

Verify each strip will display the lightning effects.

Now erase segment 3 (set the start and stop = 0).

Set segment 2 so it starts at 450 and stops at 900.
Set segment 1 so it stops at 450.
Now you should have 2 segments of 450 LEDs each, split across the middle segment.

Seg 2 should still be set for lightning.

Is it behaving exactly like seg 1, or only going out 300, or is it stopping in the first 150 (and not leaving the middle strip)?