Glitch in lightning effect?

I have a string of 300 LEDs split into 2 segments, 1 to 150 and 151 to 300. For the 2nd segment I have the chase effect, and for the first segment I have the lightning effect. I’ve found that for segment 1, the lightning effect is only working on roughly the first half of the segment, the other half stays dark. If I change the effect to something else, then I see the effect working correctly for all of segment 1, so it seems like an issue with the lightning effect rather than my LED configuration. If I make it all one segment, then the whole segment works for lightning. Has anyone seen this?

What version of WLED and what type of MCU (ESP32 or 8266) are you running?
What type of LEDs and what’s your power source/configuration?

The LEDs are WS2812B. Power source is a 60A 5V supply. I have 2 strings of 150 LEDs just powered at the start, no power injection. Using an ESP32. I’m using WLED 13.1 I believe.

Just to possibly eliminate power: any difference if you run at 25% brightness for everything?
Are you using the AutomaticBrightnessLimiter? (try disabling that).

Definitely worth trying an upgrade to v0.13.3 quite the number of updates to internals , some specifically for flicker issues.

BTW, you might consider “Internal 1/2’s” power injection (middle, or 1/3’s or 1/4’s etc.) depending on the total brightness/power levels you need to support.

I’m not at the same place as the lights now so I can check that later, but I doubt it’s a power issue. I can have all the lights on full brightness without issue, and I figured the lightning effect only has a small subset of lights on at a time, and only for a very short period.

I can try to update to 13.1 though, see if that has any impact.

I agree v0.13.3 is a more likely fix, it’s just so easy to check the power issue (apply 25% brightness to you existing Preset/Effect) it’s worth ruling out.

Power drops cause bizarre issues at times…

I checked last night and it already was on 13.3. No luck by lowering the brightness.

What do your FS and Free Heap numbers look like?
A shot of the Info screen might be helpful.

I’m starting to lean towards an issue with the way you’ve built the segments/effects in the preset rather than the WLED code.
You might try to build a preset from scratch with 2 new segments.
Try one effect at a time and get them working individually before you combine.
The other test for Lightning working on 1st 1/2 vs 2nd is to apply “Reverse direction” to the segment and see if only the 2nd 1/2 lights.

Here’s a screenshot of the 2 segments. The storm segment is the lightning, where the center is a red chase. I did try reversing the segment, and that caused the “dead” pixels to move to the other end of the segment.

Can you post a YT video of the problem?