Lights freezing up

I have a string of approximately 1000 ws2811’s running with a diguno on a 30amp power supply. Everything works great when I turn them on manually and play with different colors and effects. I set it up to turn run for a couple of hours in the morning, then again in the evening. Not exactly sure when it happens but at some point the lights just freeze up and stop working. They are lit up in the effect it was running at the time they froze, but they are no longer moving or changing. Any ideas on what could cause this.

How does WLED get stopped after a couple hours in the morning? When you say “froze”, do you mean WLED is unresponsive until power is cycled?

What version of WLED? If you are not running the latest release, try that version for a couple days.

Not sure how or why they are stopping, that is my issue. By froze I mean they are stuck on but are not changing or doing anything. Actually right now I am finding the 1st 48 pixels are working correctly, changing affects every 5 minutes as I’ve programed. But the rest of the string is stuck on and not responding. I am guessing that they all come on as they are supposed to but at some point they stop working except the first 48. Even when I go into WLED and reboot, they stay on and I’m only able to control those 1st 48 pixels.

What release are you running? I’m not saying it will fix your problem, but updating to the newest release (0.13.0-b6) will guarantee nobody spends energy fighting old bugs!

Although it seems unlikely, is there any chance you have an intermittent connection somewhere? I have broken the data wire in a wearable project and experienced similar issues to these.

I’m running version 12.0. I was trying to do the OTA update yesterday, but wasn’t having any luck. Not sure what I was doing wrong. I will try it again.