DigiQuad WLED freezes at a loss

Currently I am trying to find what my issue might be using a GigiQuad controller running WLED. My problem is it runs fine for a time then freezes. At that point you cannot access WLED unless the board is power cycled

I have used the ESP32 with internal as well as external antenna both do the same and the ESP32 is in the same room with the WiFi router. I am currently running but one string of 12 volt WS2811 pixels with only 20 pixels on a single channel so I don’t think this is related to the power supply.

Any ideas are most welcome here, I’m to a point where I’m considering using a Shelly 1 WiFi switch to take back control when the issue arises.

What’s your:
Wiring setup?
Power supply setup?
Revision of WLED?
Effects or preset running during the hangs (anything common/specific)?

I would try updating the firmware for your board and see if that fixes it. https://install.quinled.info/

I finally got around to upgrading the firmware and it did correct the freeze problem I was having.

The resistor switch on the DigQuad looked to me to be between the 2 choices and when I tried to move it the top popped off. Any suggestions?

Hmm if you are handy with a soldering iron you could likely just bypass the resistor or maybe @Quindor could have an idea for you.

Wait the the top popped off? That would be a first one for me. You don’t mean the orange protective film that’s on there? You can just remove that and then you should be easily able to flip the resistor switch per channel. :slight_smile: