Make LED bulbs act like a strip

Hi I am a little new to WLED. I am using Anthom bulbs flashed with WLED (13.3) and looking to treat 5 bulbs as a strip of LED’s. The bulbs are my outside lights. It sounds like I should be using an ESP32 and DDP network? But, I am struggling to find a good tutorial on how to set everything up using DDP.

So far I have found the below thread and video. The video shows what my goal is but it looks like this guy is doing things in home assistant too. I would like to run this off the bulbs them selves or possibly a d1 mini (I have one) or an ESP32 (would have to purchase). Can anyone point me to a good tutorial or documentation on how to use DDP in WLED?

Thread

Video

Unless I’m missing something, the discussion on that thread looks quite definitive to me. I’ve just setup and tested a DDP configuration (for the first time) of multiple WiFi bulbs – albeit using DIY ESP8266 WiFi bulbs rather than athom bulbs; each bulb with a unique IP address; each bulb getting treated as an individual addressable LED of the same strip.

Where exactly are you getting lost? IP config? Led output config? Segments config?

Gbd.