MOSFET Instead of Relay shutoff?

That would be great.

For the moment I have ordered a BTS432 High Side Switch.
Idea is to install some SK9612 in my mobile home. And there is energy a big concern. So I don’t want to use a relays because there is another 60-100 mA per module installed.

And I will use a UserMod in WLED which will send the ESP into deep sleep when the light is off for more than 30 minutes. In case I missed to switch of the module via switch.

So if I could find a cheap solution with a MOSFET it is highly welcome.

I imagine you are looking into an esp32 since you mentioned deep sleep. True?

Yes. Your right. For this projects I am using an ESP32 (ESP32 Mini because of its size).
Energy is a big concern for my needs. Because we have limited battery capacity in our car.
The lights will be physically switched off if they are not needed. Restart time from switch on power to module until WLED is up and the light is on is less than 2 seconds. OK for me.
To reduce power consumption if we miss to switch off the lights physically I am planning to send the ESP32 to deep sleep when lights are off for a certain amount of time. And to reduce energy consumption to nearly zero I also want to shutdown the LED strip by cutting Vdd to strip.
Because the WS… and SK… strips need High Side switching n-chan Mosfet is no easy option. And p-chan Mosfet with logic level is not so easy to find.
Maybe the BTS432 is a solution. A little bit oversized… But easy to implement (I hope).
And I can get them at the price of a small print relais

But I am allways happy If someone could show me a cheaper or easier solution.

Its an interesting problem I also want to get super low power other than having to switch it off.

One thing i was thinking of was using deepsleep watchdog for hours of the day where lights wont be used and have it wake up for evening use. Could potentially have it wake up if lux level drops below a certain level it wakes up ready to work.

I was also considering using an 18650 battery on the controller so it could keep itself powered for a day or so and then charge up when the lights are on.

One thing ive not looked at is if the clockspeed of wled on esp32 could be reduced when lights are off so that it consumes less power in standby, not sure if it does this already.

For your application you could potentially have a switched circuit that knows when you are in/using the trailer and powers on that circuit.

Another recommendation i have is to put the 5V reg for driving the strip after the mosfet so that its not on when its not needed. then you just have one efficient 3v3 switching reg.

Thank you for suggestions.

One thing to bring down power consumption without deep sleep is WiFi mode.
But to get it realy down you have to use deep sleep. On the ESP side that is not a problem. Only a few lines of code are needed to bring down to sleep or wake up using a switch. And in deep sleep it uses only a few uA. And it is back running in a few seconds. In my tests it takes 1-2 seconds from power on until WLED switches on the strip.

Problem to solve is the LED strip. Because each single LED uses 1 mA in standby/off mode. And thats about 60 mA per meter (60 LEDs / mtr).

Would you mind to share your schema ? Github or something similar?

Sorry. I didn’t find the time to test my setup. Get first BTS432 a few days ago. Hope to find some time in the next weeks.
Until no I use WLED with relay. It’s in the house. So energy is not of concern.
One of the next projects will be WLED for my mobile home. For this I will test with Infineon BTS432.