Question about new PCB and Relay

Hi all, I’m trying to create a pcb to drive a single led strip and this is my first time that I try to add some add-ons and mods to this wled project.
I already had done some pcb for WT32 and wemos, but those was very very simple (like the scheme in the basic menù of knowledge site)
Now I have some question about this new pcb that i’m creating with easyEDA, i’m not an Engineering and for someone the wiring could be done in better ways :rofl:… Thank You for the support

BOARD Wemos D1 MINI

1- This is my first time trying tu use a relay and I want to know if this can be used
RELAY

…and if it’s connected correctly in scheme?

2- Can I use pin D8 for relay (GPIO15) istead of D6? (because is used for the rotary encoder)

3- in general this pcb is correct?

All GPIO connection:
D1 - SCL (oled)
D2 - SDA (oled)
D4 - LED DATA (60led)
D5 - Rotary encoder CLK
D6 - Rotary encoder DT
D7 - Rotary encoder SW
D8 - Relay control

The relay can’t be driven directly from GPIO, because it’s 5v… It’ going to need a few more components to power it correctly.
This is from Srg74’s design of his board with a relay connected correctly. it should help.
wledrelay

The “Q1” transistor is a “2N7000”.
D6 is from the GPIO and it can be changed if needed.

Hope it’s of help.

1 Like

Thank you!!! is the other connection ok?

Well from what I see with my weekend hobbyist eye’s. Yes.

I would suggest using another level shifter. The Wled project has recommended hardware here: Other Hardware - WLED Project

I’m not familiar enough with using a rotary encoder or display, so I cant if that correct.

This is a new version with new level shifter and the scheme from srg74. Is ok?

I’m not seeing anything wrong with it.
:+1: