I have been working on a PCB for D1 Mini boards. The two existing free ones I am aware of are:
- GitHub - srg74/WLED-wemos-shield: Wemos D1 Mini (ESP8266) or Wemos ESP32 D1 Mini (ESP32) based universal shield for WLED firmware
- GitHub - zoesn89/WLED_PCB_D1_Mini: PCB for WLED with WeMos D1 Mini and SN74AHCT125N level shifter
Neither of meets my exact requirements. So I designed my own. My goal was mainly to make everything optional so that I can create simple modules for the ESP8266 D1 Mini even without a level shifter etc.
This is the first PCB I have designed and I would love to get some feedback on it.
- optional capacitor
- optional level shifter (solder jumpers in case no level shifter or resistor is used)
- 2 LED strips (for ESP8266)
- an additional LED with data and clock pin
- IR receiver
- 2 optional buttons that can be of 2 different sizes
- 2 power connectors, one through voltage regulator
- spare terminals and D1 breakout terminal
- bridged solder jumpers for buttons and IR receiver for alternative wiring
Does the layout work like that? What should I improve there?