Naming controlers in WLED

Hi. I am a complete novice with this new hobby, and hope there is an easy answer to this.
I currently have two node mcu’s running on WLED but expect to add more.
Having pressed the discover lights button both controllers show on the app but only as WLED LIGHT.
Can anyone please explain how I can rename these controllers for easier identification purposes.
Thank you.

In WLED settings -> User interface - Change name to yours. It will be reflected in APP UI

2 Likes

Hi srg74.

Thanks for the quick response.
Just did what you stated and I can now rename my controllers.
Thanks again

I was fighting with this and it eventually worked. My nodemcus are chinese knockoffs but two in service for a year with no issues. Creating the third now… I initially went the compile your own approach. Straight upload from Platform in Visual Studio didn’t work. The device seemed fine because it started the first 60 lights but the AP wasn’t coming up. Tried several times with no luck.

Using esptool.py I erased the flash, then flashing the downloaded binary didnt work with esptool either. Tried several times verifying its wiped each time with no luck. Finally I tried again with Platform from the one i compiled and it finally worked. I’m unable to confirm why it worked in the end, but I think erasing it in esptool is a must have, then flashing it with your own build in Platform may work sometimes.

Applies to version 0.12.0 build 2014030
Nodemcu esp8266

1 Like