Newbie / Athom controller with Wled

Hi there,

I am really new to this way of lighting. To try it I bought C9 pixels from Ray Wu and I am very satisfied with them. I also bought the Athom controller to connect them and explore what it can do. Segments are a bit of a thing, but I’ll figure it out. Now I have a question about the Athom LS-4P/LS-5P controller, which is 1 channel, I understood, but if I screw a splitter into the 1 channel connection, can I still use the number of outputs that the splitter gives me? E.g. 3, 4 or 5 way splitter? The string that i connect will do the same thing on every output? Does this just work or what should I take into account? Thank you for your help and effort in helping me.

Hi @PeterMartin Welcome
somany people died run into prbelms on this controler type
Please can you make a Image from the controller TOP
and a image if the Solder pads from your C9 so we can see the Redings on it
thank you !

1 Like

Yes you can split the data line. How many times you can split it and have it keep working is anyone’s guess. Splitting the data will have all of the splits doing the same thing. With every split you are reducing the power output of the data to the strip and at some point they will start glitching.

1 Like

Thank you for replying. I have to try what it can do.

Hi @Magig_Wled nice talking to you. Thanks.

@Jinx Thanks. I saw a lot of Data injection splitters to keep the Data level continously. I have to try things out then i know what im doing wrong or right. Like to learn from all of you guys.

You can likely use that CLK terminal to run a 2nd set of LEDs and be able to control them separately from the other DAT connected ones. The GPIO for the CLK terminal is 3. So in WLED LED Pref’ your first gpio would be 1 and then click the + to add a 2nd and set the gpio as 3. :slightly_smiling_face: Just note that gpio 3 (CLK terminal) uses 4x the ram as the other terminal so keep it’s LED count lower.