QuinLED-Dig-Uno & usermod(s)

Quindor created a custom PCB for Wemos D1 Mini / NodeMCU using ESP8266 or ESP32. As it turns out, this board is very well suited to working with WLED.

You can find more about it here: https://quinled.info/2018/09/15/quinled-dig-uno/

There is currently 1 usermod that uses the QuinLED-Dig-Uno to capture local board temperature and send via MQTT.

I am working on a general usermod that makes more features of the QuinLED-Dig-Uno available to WLED users. At the rate I am going, it will take a long time.

If anyone is working on something specific to that board, perhaps you would be willing to share your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and perhaps collaborate with others doing the same.

What Iā€™m working on incorporates the existing temp mqtt usermod, plus adds access to the 4 digital I/O pins (currently only one usermod per build is allowed, so all usermods have to be combined together - at least until there is a usermod API.

It adds binary 5V inputs for use in stair way, hall way, under-bed, closet, car foot well, and other lighting needs / wants. Those inputs could be: PIR, microwave, or radar motion sensors, switch, or API for remote control. Could even be via MQTT with enough programming.

With all the things the QuinLED-Dig-Uno bring to WLED, there really should be a single usermod that does it all, and we simply configure it within the WLED as needed for our specific needs.

Thoughts, suggestions, and constructive advice welcome.

2 Likes