Razer Chroma Connect to WLED (updated)

Weird. Just saw your post and opened the program again and for some reason it connected this time lol. So it seems to be working kinda. I will post more on this later as there is still some weird stuff going on. I will have to do more testing to fully describe it lol. But as a quick update I can tell you that it does not disconnect when unchecking the enable instance or sync with razer check box(s). Xing the prog will restore WLED control.

Thanks for helping out with all the testing. I’ve been making some mayor changes to the way the settings work etc. I’ve added support for the Lenovo Legion 5 Pro keyboard. Which is a little off topic for this board, but I’ve tried to make the app a little more modular for adding support for other devices than wled. Be sure to delete your settings.xml, cause this has changed as well.

If you download the new version, make sure to install the required HidApiAdapter via NuGet and don’t forget this small step:

50458730-72e65780-0976-11e9-9d46-1d4874083586

Do this for the 32 and 64bit file.

Sorry for the late update-

Ok looks like it is workingish. I did the copy if newer thing. Settings always deleted. I have also been publishing as x64 and single file. Dunno if that matters or not.

Issues:

• When I uncheck sync Razer Chroma from the main window my WLED is still locked onto the razor color and still says it’s under udp control from the WLED webpage.

• If I uncheck the enabled box for the instance my led’s also remain the razor color and the WLED webpage says it’s under udp control. The connected check box on setting window remains checked. Main window instance status says disabled.

• If I exit the app with the instance/razer sync enabled and reopen it, the led’s turn on and sync to razer but the connection status on the main window for the instance is still on it’s default status of disconnected. If I open the settings window it then updates the main window to connected status (or updates to disabled if I had it set as disabled).

• If I close the program with the instance enabled or disabled it is not turning WLED back off and WLED webpage still says under udp control.

I think that’s all LOL.

I’m going to make issues in github from your points :slight_smile: Thanks for the extensive tesing. I’ve been having trouble reliably turning off the WLED when the app closes. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ll look into it.

Alright, I think things have been fixed! I’ve changed a lot of things:

• LED preview strip is no longer black-red-black gradient
  • Preview is only shown for enabled instances
  • When connecting to WLED it now saves the ‘server description’ to easily identify the WLED instance added
  • Double clicking the tray icon now shows the main interface
  • Disabling an instance now correctly releases UDP control and turns off WLED
  • Stopping Razer sync nog correctly releases UDP control and turns off WLED
  • Quitting the app should now correctly release UDP control and turn off WLED

Thanks in advance for finding the next bugs :slight_smile:

Soooo close lol. The only thing I have come across so far is that if I have the razer sync on and then toggle the razer sync off and back on, it turns the led’s off and back on but is not taking control of them when they turn back on. To get it to regain control I have to open settings and click save. Not a big deal but figured you would want to know. :upside_down_face:

Hahaha dang it! I’ll dig into that. It should reload all connections upon turning on sync. Thanks again. Perhaps it has to do with the timeout. Maybe I need to reset that as well upon load.

Hi if i open the app, it closes instantly, what can i do?

Hi, could you try the new .zip download (incorrectly named 0.2 in stead of 0.0.2)?

ok now it is saying, that i should download .Net runtime 5.0 i downloaded it and it still sais the same thing. or wich version do i have to download?

Edit: Now its running. I downloaded and installed all versions of .net

I’ll be updating the app in a few weeks with new features, so if you find anything (bugs or annoyances)… please let me know

1 Like

It was a bit weird, when I saw that I need a Razer APP ID. I thought it was my Razer Username. So you could add a questionmark wich shows a little Text when you click it. Wich explains where you can get a valid Razer App id. Or you could register your app and get your own Razer APP ID.
That would be great for future Users wich aren‘t that mouch in to Razers SDK.

That’s a great idea. I was actually thinking of just adding in the Ids that I know and then just have a dropdown with all the ids. It’s not like there are 1000s of people using this app. We’ll see if we get into trouble.

Perhaps more people would use it if you could find it on the Razer integration page.

I have your app connected and showing up in synapse and if I change the color in synapse it shows in the preview of the app, but the LEDs just turn off. If I disable the sync in the app the LEDs cut over to what I have set in WLED the fade off. When sync is enabled I get a message in the web interface that says WLED is receiving live data. If I toggle sync that message goes away/comes back pretty quickly.

did u find out which version it was…?

there is an option to install .Net but it doesnt do anything…

found the culprit
.Net Desktop runtime 5.0

Hey Royston,

Sorry for not replying. I’m working on a new version that should fix all the current annoyances. But I thought it would’ve been finished a lot faster haha.

Hey guys, got my little one a Razer keyboard and mouse for his birthday and he has WLED installed behind the monitor and on the eaves so now I’m on topic. Thanks for the great work. I will test it soon.