Seems not correct calculation for sunrise/sunset

Only at the first update after a reboot, doing that we may recover Wled working from a black-out. Yes I can do it myself but I think it can be really useful to anyone.
There is already an option "turn on LED when the system boot and select preset… ", it’s just necessary to add there “turn on preset that is active by the scheduled time, in this actual moment”.
I hope you understand me well :slight_smile:

I too believe firing a timed preset at boot after the first NTP sync would in principle be feasible. The only problem I see is that timed presets are built to trigger at a certain time.
The feature you are proposing would require an end time as well though for the system to determine if it is within the range of time, changing the timed preset system from “at-set-time only” to “within a time range”, which is more complex.
Can’t promise we’ll add this, the easiest way though would be to check after NTP sync if the current time is later than timed preset X but earlier than timed preset Y.
This leads to the problem of “how many of these time range slots would we need”. Just one will be enough for some, but not all use cases.

Aircoookie, thanks for partecipating here, let’s make the thigs as easier as possible,
we have already “Apply preset at boot (0 uses defaults)”, we can just select preset there. Why we can’t add also a scheduled time too?
Type “t” for Timed controlled presets, it will find the closest set and activate it
Thank you :slight_smile:

Can it be taken in consideration? Please :innocent:

It has been, but it has also been rejected (by me at least).
I have no intention to implement it but you are welcome to do it yourself and submit PR if you wish.
I cannot speak for @Aircoookie but I am sure he has other (more important) priorities too.