Setting up Room lights around Ceiling

My son is obsessed with LED Lights and controlling them to do fun things, so for his 10th birthday I wanted to surprise him by installing LEDs all around his room where the wall meets the ceiling and letting him control it with WLED.

I decided to go with WS2812B Eco with 60 LEDs per meter, and since his room is ~11x10 I’m looking at about 42 feet of LEDs or ~12.8 Meters.

I’m starting to wonder if I’ve made a poor choice here as at 60 LEDs a meter that means I’ll need a 5v 50A power supply right?

So my current plan is to get a dig-quad LED controller (or something similar so I have each power line fused) and do a power injection every 10 feet (so each wall will have it’s own power), and put a 10A fuse for each LED segment.

I have 2 big questions

1. Should I have gone with 30 LEDs per meter? My main goal was to not let the individual LEDs be overly visible when combined with a LED channel and diffuser so I went with 60 per meter, but I think I may have over engineered it, lol

2. For anyone who has done something like this, what arrangement do you like best for placing the LEDs? I was thinking I could either do a flat channel where the light shines out from the wall, down from the ceiling, or lower it a bit on the wall and let it shine up on the ceiling.

Alternatively, I could use a 45 degree channel and have it shine down into the room as normal or up unto the ceiling and let the RGB light bounce of the ceiling into the room.

I’m open to all advice, I’ve been watching a lot of videos on doing something like this but I’m starting to feel a bit overwhelmed :scream: