SM16714 Pixel IC

I’ve got a new strand of pixels for testing, they are RGBW and I’d like to drive them from WLED, I haven’t so far been able to get them to work properly yet.

Anyone had any success with pixels of this type?

I’d like seeing a picture of those :upside_down_face:

I just purchased some of these as well. They are part of a set of patio lights that I’d like to get working with WLED. I’ve included a picture of both the front and back of each “bulb”. The controller had a Black/White/Green to the lights.

These are the lights, however, I have seen other similar builds with the same controller.
https://a.co/d/dtzvbjg

Happy to help move this forward with testing, just new to WLED and not sure where to start. :slight_smile:

This is the front…

Looks like a 12V version of RGBW.
Standard DIn-Dout daisy chain with 3 RGB pixels in series for 12V and a separate W LED.

I’d try driving it w/WLED using SK6812 for a start and move to TM1814 if necessary.

Wire as 12V PS to 12V, Ground to GND, and Data in to (surprise) DI.
I’d advise starting with a levleshifter and a separate 5V supply for an ESP32 (make sure ground is common between the 2 supplies).

Thank you! I will order another controller and report back!

Did you have any luck with this? I am also trying to drive an LED with an SM16714 controller and didn’t have any luck with the SK6812 or TM1814 settings. I am new to WLED, so I might have overlooked something.

The LED is this:

FYI for future readers. I was able to drive these without any issues. It was a setup issue and I needed to change from RGB to RGBW.

Some RGBW clones won’t work with 3,3V logiclevel only. In best case it’s unstable, but it ca be, that it’s do nothing. Try it with a levelshifter, to translate to 5V level :wink: