Something is messed up with my Effects

I have a Wemos D1 with 25 WS2812 12-volt LEDs that I have been experimenting with. I turn off the power supply at night when I go to bed, and in the morning I turn it back on. WLED loads my default preset and everything is OK.
This morning is different.
I don’t know what loaded, but the LEDs are flashing the tree colors about 3X per second. I can click on any effect and there is a change in the pattern. I click on color1 and solid, and the color changes but it’s still blinking between color1 and color2 about three times a second.

So, I decide to do a factory reset. But when I set up my LED data again and go to the main GUI page, I still have the presets from before, and the solid/color1 still blinks. So, a factory reset doesn’t really reset everything?

So, I use the Arduino IDE to upload the blink.ino sketch and select “Erase all flash” in the tools. I did this to clear the flash memory of any old presets and bad effects.

Next, I install WLED through the com port, then set up the WiFi and LED data, and… No change. What’s more disturbing is that WLED found: “However, there is a backup of a previous installation available.” I erased Flash memory- where did WLED find the backup??

I also tried another Wemos D1 Mini- exactly the same results.
It’s not a power supply issue since I have a 15 Amp supply for a 25 LED string.
It’s not a wiring issue as I have been using this setup for several days just for experimenting with WLED effects and presets.

Suggestion- shouldn’t there be an option to erase all flash during the installation?

Any tips to making my setup work again would be appreciated.

Use Install WLED for installing latest code

This (link) is how I installed WLED.

Try to update latest firmware over OTA from here WLED-wemos-shield/resources/Firmware/WLED_wemos_shield/v0.13.0-b6 at master · srg74/WLED-wemos-shield · GitHub

Just to close this thread- the problem turned out to be a broken hookup wire on the board.