Standard 12v LED's only getting 7v

I’m at the mercy of you WLED wizards again. I know just enough about electronics to know how awesome WLED is! I’ve made a few projects with ws2812b and ws2811 addressable, and now have a project where I’m trying to fire standard 12v LED’s with an esp32 and WLED.

I followed the above wiring diagram from the getting started page. Used a IRL44N Mosfet

I’ve got my LED preferences to PWM White, and with the slider all the way up, I’m only getting 7v to my LED’s. They’re on, but not terribly bright. Guaranteed user error, please tell me what I’m doing wrong. Appreciate y’all!

There is an additional “brightness” control that controls the overall brightness of all segments/strips connected. It defaults to 127/256 (half) I believe. It sounds like that one also needs to be increased. I don’t use the app but if I’m looking at the web interface, the color controls are on the left side of the screen (with sliders depending on what is selected, there may be multiple sliders for solid white color) and the brightness slider is in the topmost-right.

Unfortunately that’s not it. All sliders are up.

Thought about cheating with a boost transformer there, but I don’t think I should have to.

May not be proper, but this is how I got them to work, and they work great now. Keywords for future DIY’ers google searches, Hooking analog 12 volt LEDs up to WLED with and ESP32.

You have the wrong MOSFET. :wink: Look at the numbers again.

I was skeptic about this mosfet trigger switch but it worked! However, the circuit that you posted kept my lights on at max. What really worked for me is not connecting the GND from the switch to esp.

ps: thanks for the tags! :wink: