Sunrise effect

Hi @Def3nder,

of course, i know and i’ve done this

Hi @defender ,

problem solved!!!
With actual firmware 9.1 and 4bit color it works !!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Thank you so much for your support!!!

This is my final macro:

FX=0&CL=h00FF5A20&C2=h90FCA900&A=0&NT=255&NL=15&NF=2

Hi and thanks for this thread and its solution! :slight_smile:

I wanted a very light sunrise effect when beginning to work in homeoffice in the morning (slight transistion over color temperature and brightness).
With your code it works like a charm :heart: :

FX=0&CL=heaffb063&C2=hffe5d1ff&A=125&NL=10&NT=255&NF=2
1 Like

Good to hear. My setup works via homeassistent.
When i set a wakeup-alarm with my smartphone or with Alexa, the sunrise starts 15min before.

Great, guess I could come back to this, too. I have a philips wakeup-Light and am quite satisfied with it. But I also have a broken one with defective buttons which I would like to “smartify” in future. So here Im always looking for solutions :slight_smile:

This one was for my office. As it is mostly dark outside when I start to work I wanted to have an option to rpughly “simulate” the regular sunrise to make it happen sooner :stuck_out_tongue:
As my office times vary a alarm wasnt the right thing. So now I can turn on my light and call alexa to start the sunrise :sunglasses:
The sunrise will end in my usual office lighting preset :ok_hand:

I’m having a little trouble with this effect. It doesn’t appear to kick in until my lights are at 50% brightness. I generally liked this effect, but the lights don’t even turn on until they are quite bright.

FX=0&CL=h00FF5A20&C2=h90FCA900&A=0&NT=255&NL=15&NF=2

I am using an ESP8266 with a 200W power supply and voltage injecting at the ends and middle of two connected WGBW SK6812.

I can start up the lights, from off, on red with minimum brightness, so I don’t think that they need to be a certain power or brightness to turn on. The sunrise effect just does not turn them on until it is half over.

Thanks

Try playlist.
Nigtlight will go away eventually since it is deprecated since 0.13.

Thanks for the tip on playlists.

Unfortunately the problem still exists. I can even start the playlist with a minimum brightness red for a minute, then my sunrise macro, but the sunrise macro does not work correctly. It goes “off” until the sunrise brightness is half way up, then it turns on.

My current sunrise macro is:

FX=0&CL=h00FF5A20&C2=hffe5d1ff&A=0&NT=255&NL=20&NF=2

Is there a different way I should use the playlist to fade brightness/color over time?

Like I said: Nightlight (NL=) will go away.
Use a Sunrise effect.

Have I deprecated Nightlight? I don’t think I did or intent to, solely nl.fade has been replaced by nl.mode

@Dunnlang make sure Brightness gamma correction is disabled in LED settings. You can also disable it for color, but that may lead to washed out colors.

Apparently I mixed up deprecation (since it happened last year). My bad.

Thanks @Aircoookie. Brightness gama was already disabled. This morning my “sunrise” turned itself on at nearly full blast.

I am testing it again now after the lights had already turned on, but every time I start the macro it turns the lights “off”. I can still see the colors and brightness changing in the app, but nothing on the lights.

Sometimes they will trigger to turn on earlier in the fade if I go back and forth between the light controller selection in that app, and selecting the lights themselves. I can’t figure out a repeatable sequence for that though. If I turn the lights off/on via the power button in the app, they turn back on at the red color and dim brightness they were supposed to be at in the fade in sequence.

Sorry. It seems to be working for other people, so I am totally confused about what might be different for me, or what I might be missing.

Hi there!
Anyone have this running with an artificial sun in the middle of the strip?
I’m thinking like theHookUp video of his sunrise.
I have that one running on a nodemcu, but I like the flexibility of WLED much better.
Just need to figure out how to do that sunrise in WLED and I’m golden.
Thanks!

Did you get a solution to this? I am thinking of a similar sequence myself quite a while already. I could do this on my own using Adafruits Neopixel lib but I want a “clock” behind it so I can set my wake up times.

I would go with WLED if there already is a solution to this. But all I found yet doesn´t look like that.
For example I got a strip of 109 LED. I want to start at the center at the 55th LED with the darkest possible red. Then 3, then 5, and so on until the full strip is red, then start again at 55 with the next brighter step repeating the procedure > orange > yellow and at the end warm white.

That is the basic Sunrise effect in WLED.
No special tricks required.

Thanks, I guess that is close enough to what I want. Is there a way to stop it from repeating and slowing it down to ~30 minutes ?

Yes. Use playlist.

still way too fast if I set the effect speed to 1, I need this like 100 times slower :wink:

Then you can take a look at the effect code and edit it to your liking. :wink: