Timer for LEDs

How do I have the LEDs turn on/off at a specific time of the day?

See Config, Time & Macros for a start. :wink:

I figured that out but I am not sure how to use this. Is there a set of instructions that can be downloaded?

Not yet. You need to create presets for on and off, then call them from that page.

Just a quick hint for people like me who don’t know how to create an ‘off’-preset. You just have to turn the leds off with the power button and then save a new preset. Yes, it is so simple, but it took me some time to figure it out and i could not find any information in the wiki.

1 Like

Can u help me with an example of how to call a preset at a specific time?

In Time & Macros, enable “Get time from NTP server”, set your time zone and offset from UTC, then set up your times to call the presets.

This example calls preset 4 at 4:00 pm every day and preset 2 at 9:30 pm on every day but Friday and Saturday…

I assume that is with rev. 11? I have not installed 11 yet. In 10 that third column is Macro. I guess I put the macro in that I want to run but what do I put until that macro?

I took the plunge and updated to rev 11. Got timers working in 11. Thanks

1 Like

How do you have them turn off at a specific time as well. I have searched and cant find out how. I have them turn on fine, but have to manually turn them off.

Save a 2nd preset of the lights off and then call that preset.

1 Like

Friends, I did not find a suitable topic, if you do not mind, I will ask here. Is it possible to somehow add firmware of my own effects to the system? For example, from an arduino project. If yes, please tell me how to do it.